Friday, April 14, 2006

Ten Principles for Living in Community

1. I want to live in a community where faithful people affirm God's love for all humanity.

2. I want to live in a community where religion is an agent of healing, reconciliation, and peace.

3. I want to live in a community where each person has the right to believe or not believe as conscience dictates.

4. I want to live in a community where each person is free and encouraged to live his or her faith unhindered and unashamed.

5. I want to live in a community where no person uses religion to gain advantage over others.

6. I want to live in a community where religious and political leaders support the same rights for every person.

7. I want to live in a community where each person, regardless of faith or background, can experience the justice and mercy of the one living God.

8. I want to live in a community where religious people and institutions encourage understanding, cooperation and respect.

9. I want to live in a community where religious people reflect their faith by caring for the poor and the powerless.

10. I want to live in a community where religion promotes the safety, dignity, freedom, and potential of every person as a whole human being.

Reflecting my faith, dear God, help me work to create a society where all people rejoice in life together, express a good hope for all, and entrust our destiny to Your compassion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home